First published: 6th December 2023
Amended on: 20th April 2023
1. The Witcher Monster Slayer — end of the game roadmap:
- 31/01/2023 — The game will be taken down from Google Play and Apple App Store
- 31/01/2023 — We are turning off all in-game purchases, and there will be no new content
- 30/06/2023 — All servers will be shut down.
2. How long will the game be available on the app stores?
After the 31st of January 2023, you will not be able to download the game from the Apple App Store and Google Play. The game will be available till the 30th of June 2023, for all players that downloaded the game prior to the 31st of January 2023.
3. Will there be any new content added before the game is shut down?
After the 31st of January 2023, there will be no new content added to the game. Meaning no new monsters, armor, quests, timed and daily tasks or events.
4. What’s going to happen to the in-game store?
After the 31st of January 2023, the in-game shop will not include in-app purchases using real money. All transactions regarding the exchange of real money for in-game consumables will be unavailable. Players will still be able to exchange their in-game currencies for available items in the in-game store, up to the 30th of June, 2023.
5. When will The Witcher Monster Slayer stop being available to the players?
On the 30th of June 2023, all servers will be shut down, taking away the possibility to access the game.
6. What does the end of The Witcher: Monster Slayer mean for the development team?
While The Witcher: Monster Slayer was an incredible journey, unfortunately, it did not reach our business expectations. Following CD PROJEKT’s most recent change in its long-term product strategy, we plan to start structural changes in the capital group. Moving forward, we plan to roll Spokko into CD PROJEKT RED, with a part of its staff given the opportunity to join core CD PROJEKT development projects. During this transition, there will be some staff members who will, unfortunately, be let go — however, we will do our best to support all of our employees affected by this situation and ensure the transition to the next step in their careers is as easy and safe as possible.
7. Will my game disappear from my phone?
The Witcher: Monster Slayer will not disappear from your phone unless you delete the app from your device. Please note that from the 30th of June, 2023, the app will not function.
8. How will the game be supported up to the 30th June, 2023?
Starting from the 6th of December 2022, we are not planning to include any new features or technical improvements in the game. In case of any problems, you can reach us through the Support Request form, up to the 30th of June 2023. Due to the limited possibilities, please keep in mind that we could expect longer than the usual response time.
UPDATE 20th April 2023
9. What will happen to SPOKKO sp. z o.o.?
It is planned that SPOKKO sp. z o.o. will be merged with CD PROJEKT S.A. — its mother company.
As a result of the merger, CD PROJEKT., as the surviving company, will enter into the rights and obligations of SPOKKO and SPOKKO. will be deleted from the register (i.e. Polish National Court Register). The merger will take place as of the date of its entry into this register. From that day, please contact CD PROJEKT in all matters related to SPOKKO. You can find more detailed information on the merger HERE.
10. What happens to my personal data?
If you have any questions regarding your personal data processed by SPOKKO, please contact us at:
- email@example.com - prior to merger
- firstname.lastname@example.org - after the merger