RULES OF THE WITCHER: MONSTER SLAYER
§ 1. GENERAL PROVISIONS
- This document (“Rules”) describes the terms and conditions of the #MONSTERSLAYERCONTEST (further: “Contest”).
- We invite you (we will later refer to you as the “Contestant”) to take screenshot through The Witcher: Monster Slayer in-game bestiary and publish it on your active Instagram account or @thewitcherms account (“Social Media”) with our contest hashtag “#MonsterSlayerContest” (“Screenshot”)
- The Prizes will go to the Contestants who will publish the most creative, witty and original Screenshots during the Contest Period.
- The Contest is organized by Spokko Sp. z o.o.., a company with its registered office in Warsaw (03-301), Poland, ul. Jagiellońska 74, entered into the register of entrepreneurs of the National Court Register kept by the District Court for Capital City of Warsaw in Warsaw, 14th Commercial Division of the National Court Register, under KRS number 0000746503, tax identification number NIP 1132981811, statistical number REGON 381131103; share capital of PLN 25,000.00, (further: “we” or the “Organizer”).
§ 2. CONTESTANTS
- You can participate in the Contest if you are at least 18 years old on the day of entering the Contest and you have full legal capacity, i.e. you can independently enter into legal transactions, including binding contracts.
- You cannot participate in the Contest if you are an employee or close business associate of the Organizer or of its affiliates, subsidiaries, manufacturers, sales representatives or advertising agencies; or a member of such person’s immediate family.
- All information provided by the Contestants for the purposes of the Contest are provided voluntarily, however they may be necessary to participate in the Contest and in case of the Winners - also in order to receive the Prizes.
§ 3. CONTEST DATES
- The Contest begins on February 8, 2021 and ends on February 15, 2021, 23:59 CET (“Contest Period”).
- Authors of the winning Screenshots (“Winners”) will be announced on February 19, 2021 at latest.
§ 4. SUBMISSIONS
- In order to participate in the Contest you have to have an active account on Social Media and upload your Screenshot in accordance with the Rules as set below.
- Your Screenshot must be made using bestiary AR view within The Witcher: Monster Slayer and show a monster from the game in funny circumstances.
- Publish your Screenshot within the Contest Period. Any Screenshots published outside this period will not participate in the Contest.
- Make sure that your post is public and includes our hashtag #MonsterSlayerContest – otherwise we will not be able to see it and evaluate it!
- You must make your submission using your own Social Media account. It is not permitted to make submissions on behalf of other entities or people.
- Your Screenshot must be submitted in a digital format, in size and dimensions accepted by particular Social Medium.
- You may provide only one Screenshot. Contestants publishing more than one Screenshot will be disqualified.
- Screenshots provided in any other way than the one described in the Rules do not qualify for the Contest.
- Screenshots have to be in line with the provisions of applicable law. In particular, Screenshots shall not infringe someone else’s copyrights or privacy (e.g. you should not publish a photo of someone else without their consent). Moreover, the Screenshots have to be appropriate to show to the minors.
- The Organizer reserves the right to reject or disqualify Contestant’s Screenshot if:
a) it violates the provisions of applicable law, Contest Rules or Social Media terms of service; or
b) it may be considered racist, xenophobic, sexist, defamatory or otherwise offensive, illegal or infringing on third party’s intellectual property or personal rights.
§ 5. DECISION
- The Winners will be selected by the jury consisting of the Organizer’s personnel selected by the Organizer (“Contest Committee”).
- The Contest Committee will choose the Winners based on the creativity, wittiness and originality of their Screenshots.
- The Contest Committee’s decision is final.
- The Contest Committee will award in total up to 5 Contestants.
- The winning Screenshots and Social Media names/nicknames of the Winners will be published on the following Social Media accounts of the Organizer:
§ 6. PRIZES
- Each of the Winners of the Contest will receive the following Prize:
- A code for a Tier 3 in-game purchase in The Witcher: Monster Slayer, delivered through a direct message at the Instagram account of a given Winner.
- The Organizer reserves the right to award other special prizes at its sole discretion.
- Contest results will be announced via public posts on the official Social Media accounts of the Organizer. Where possible, the Winners may be additionally informed about the Contest results via direct messages on Social Media (please make sure you check your inbox for a request from us, so you won’t miss the message), however we encourage you to monitor the announcement and in case your Screenshot is chosen as the winning one, write a direct message to us on one of our accounts mentioned in § 5 (5) above.
- Each Winner will have seven (7) calendar days from the day on which the results have been publicly announced to confirm via direct message to the Organizer on Social Media whether he or she accepts the Prize. If the Winner fails or refuses to accept the Prize, we retain the right to award such Prize to another Contestant or to refrain from awarding this particular Prize.
§ 7. PRIZE-RELATED COSTS
- The Organizer will cover the costs of Prize shipment.
- The Organizer will cover the costs of the tax due on the Prize according to the Polish law. Apart from that, Winners will be solely responsible for the payment of any additional national, federal, state, local or other taxes of any kind in relation to any Prize.
- No substitution or exchange of the Prizes will be permitted. The Prizes are not assignable, giftable or otherwise transferable to other persons.
§ 8. CONTESTANT’S OBLIGATIONS AND DECLARATIONS
- By publishing your Screenshot in accordance with the Rules you (as a Contestant) confirm that you accept and fulfil the requirements set out in the Rules.
- By publishing your Screenshot, you agree that if you become one of the Winners, the Organizer may use your Social Media name/nickname, your Screenshot and information contained in it in announcements of the Contest results.
- By publishing your Screenshot you grant the Organizer a worldwide, royalty-free, transferable consent to use and disseminate your likeness by the Organizer and its affiliates for the purposes of conducting the Contest, in particular for publishing your likeness on Social Media accounts of the Organizer in relation to the Contest.
- By publishing your Screenshot you also declare that:
- you exclusively own all author’s economic rights to the Screenshot, in particular the right to use it and to dispose of its use throughout all the fields of exploitation and to receive remuneration for the use of the Screenshot;
- you have an exclusive right to grant permission for performance of the derivative copyrights;
- your economic rights, as referred to in points above, are neither limited nor encumbered with any third-party rights, and that they do not infringe any rights of the third parties;
- you have not granted any exclusive license to use the Screenshot within any scope.
- By publishing your Screenshot you agree to completely release, indemnify and hold harmless respective Social Media (Instagram, Facebook or Twitter) and their respective directors, agents, representatives and employees for and against any claims related in any way to the Contest.
§ 9. COPYRIGHT
- By publishing your Screenshot, you (the Contestant) grant us (the Organizer) a non-exclusive, worldwide, non-transferable, royalty-free license to use the Screenshot for the purpose of the Contest, including providing the Screenshot to the Contest Committee and publishing it on our websites and/or Social Media. This license covers in particular the following forms of exploitation:
- producing copies of the Screenshot using all techniques;
- distribution and dissemination of the Screenshot in all channels;
- making the Screenshot available in a manner allowing any person to access the Screenshot in a place and at a time selected by them.
- License referred to in § 9 point 1:
- is granted for an indefinite period of time in case of the winning Screenshot;
- will be terminated immediately if the Contestant will not be awarded on the results announcement day referred to in § 3 point 2 above, or will not accept the Prize within the period referred to in § 6 point 4 above.
§ 10. PERSONAL DATA
- Your personal data controller is Spokko Sp. z o.o. with its registered seat in Warsaw, Poland, ul. Jagiellońska 74, 03-301 Warszawa.
- We may process the following personal data of yours:
- Contestant: Social Media name/nickname, likeness, any other personal data included in the Screenshot (if applicable), information provided within the course of communication with the Organizer (if applicable);
- Winner: Social Media name/nickname, name, information required by law (e.g. for tax purposes, if applicable); likeness, other personal data included in the Screenshot (if applicable); other information provided within the course of communication with the Organizer (if applicable).
- Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of carrying out the Contest organized by the Organizer, in which you intend to take part, in particular for the purpose of assessing submissions, awarding Prizes, announcing results, communicating with the Contestants and providing the Winners with Prizes.
§ 11. INDEMNITY
The Organizer will not cover any potential costs incurred by the Contestant in connection with the Contest, including entering the Contest, preparing and submitting the Screenshot and receiving the Prize, subject to § 7 above.
§ 12. FINAL PROVISIONS
- This contest is in no way administered, sponsored and endorsed by, or associated with, respective Social Media (Instagram).
- The Contest is not a game of chance, a lottery or any other game referred to in the Polish Act of 19 November 2009 on Gambling.
- The Rules are governed and construed in accordance with Polish law.
- The Rules come into force on February 8, 2021.